Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

PBIS bulletin boards

For the past couple of years our school has been trying to get PBIS (positive behavior intervention system) off the ground.  This is the first year we have a school wide reward system to motivate our students to make good choices.  As part of the PBIS committee I offered to use my bulletin board space to advertise our "elite eagle" stamp system.  Each student has an elite eagle card in their planners that teachers stamp when students are showing positive behaviors.  Students can use the stamps throughout the year to enter raffles or buy goodies from our new school store! 

Both bulletin board ideas came from my favorite inspiration - Pinterest!

The iPod board. 

All of the "apps" are positive qualities or behaviors that could earn students stamps throughout the year! A fellow math teacher helped me make the apps and we tried to match apps with words.  Flexible on the weather app, focused on the camera app and organized on the calendar app - so fun! 



 The puzzle board
 
 Each puzzle piece is again a quality or behavior of our elite eagles!


As much as I love making bulletin boards I can only do such involved boards at the beginning of the year.  I am so in love with these boards that I am happy to leave them up for the year! I feel that I set the bar pretty high this year so I am going to need to start planning now for next year's boards! 

No comments:

Post a Comment