Pages

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Change The Way You Display Directions...

I have a confession... I still have photos on my phone from the 2012-2013 school year.  Yes it is 2014 and I am finally getting some of those photos off my camera :)  

LAST year I was peeking into a fellow math teacher's room and noticed her students reading directions in these clever clear plastic stands.   


I knew I needed those stands for my own room and immediately went on Amazon.com to find a set.  I can't remember the exact set I bought but you can purchase similar ones here

I love to use these stands for stations or presenting task cards.  Recently I used the stands for a unit review.  I had a variety of math games and activities to practice integers, order of operations and the distributive property.  




I always make two-sided copies of directions so students can see from both sides of the table. 

I seriously LOVE these stands and I get excited every time I use them!  I recommend getting at least one stand for each table.  I have a few extra which can be helpful if one breaks or I need more than one stand at a table.  

If you don't have a way to present task cards or directions on tables I highly recommend getting yourself a set.  Once you have them you will never understand how you got along without them for so long :)

1 comment:

  1. This is genius! I am having one of those "duh, why didn't I think of that?" moments! I nominated you for a Sunshine Blogger Award on my blog today. I have learned so much from you and always look forward to your posts. Check out my blog for more details. :)
    ~Heather
    Loose Shoelaces

    ReplyDelete