Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

T minus 3 days!

The 2012/2013 school year is almost here (T minus 3 days) and I feel like I need another month to actually be ready for my students.  I worked in my classroom until 7 pm then made a point to stop at Home Depot tonight to pick up some paint swatches for a quick project to do at home.  

I have 7 tables so I picked up 7 swatches. 

I cut down the white stripes on each swatch so that I had 4 separate strips of each color. 

I am now ready to form my groups on the first day of school! Each student will pick a color as they walk in the door and sit with students in the same color family. Such a simple way to switch up the groups when you need a quick change! 

This idea came from a Pin on Pinterest but I can't seem to find it to give credit to the savvy teacher who came up with this idea.  I can at least thank Pinterest for providing me a hundred different projects that I have on my "will create someday" list!

I hope everyone has had or will have a wonderful start to the new school year!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I keep seeing ideas with paint swatches for writing but I don't teach writing, so I've brushed them off a bit. This will be great for my math groups. Good luck with your first week back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this idea! The only problem is we're stationed in Japan right now, and I haven't seen paint swatches in the home improvement stores over here. I will definitely have to keep this idea for when we head back to the states though!

    www.theteacherwhohatedmath.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete